General Information for Participants
1. For any assistance, please contact people in the Secretariat in Seminar Room # A1, on the ground floor, by the Foucault pendulum. [Phone: 25604347; extension 347 if dialled within IUCAA].
2. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner will be served near the swimming pool in the Recreation Centre “Chittaranjan”. This is in the IUCAA Housing Colony “Akashganga”, just across the street from the IUCAA office building.
Breakfast : 0800 – 0930 hrs., Lunch : 1300 – 1400 hrs. & Dinner : 2000 – 2100 hrs.
Tea and coffee during the breaks will be served near the lecture hall.
Snacks will available in the IUCAA Canteen “Ballava” between 1730 – 1815 hrs. A coffee vending machine is available at the “Nalanda” Guest House Reception.
3. The IUCAA Library (Telephone ext. 308) is open between 0900 and 2100 hours on all days.
4. Various Bank ATMs that are situated near IUCAA, within a distance of about 1-2 kms., are:
a) Bank of Maharashtra (inside the Pune University campus @ new administration building)
b) Bank of India, on the Aundh-Khadki Road
c) State Bank of India, on the Aundh-Khadki Road
d) ICICI Bank, on the Aundh-Khadki Road
e) HDFC Bank, on the Aundh-Khadki Road
5. A Medical Consultant (Dr. V.S. Savaskar) will be available in IUCAA Clinic (room number: A118, phone extension number: 151) on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 0900 – 1100 hrs., Tuesday, and Friday: 1730 – 1900 hrs., and Saturday: 1000 – 1100 hrs. For any emergency, his contact number is 9850044266.
6. Wireless Connectivity instruction sheet is kept at the Guest House Reception.
7. Seminar Room B3 (above Computer Centre) can be used by the participants for internet browsing for the duration of the meeting.